Sunday, November 3, 2013


Today I am writing a short story about my skull sculpture and what it means to me as its creator. Initially I wanted to do something a little different than what it is now but I embraced what it has turned it into. Now looking at it I get a sort of “Day of The Dead” feel towards it. During this Mexican holiday the natives of Mexico celebrate this day is an honoring day for those loved ones that have passed on in their life. Traditionally, they offer sugar skulls to their loved ones in their private altars called ofrendas.  These skulls represent the passed ones favorite foods or other cherished items that they once loved when they were alive. The skulls are usually a mix between somewhat comical and a little spooky. This is why I see a Day of The Dead feel about my skull because I see comical and a splash of spookiness in my skull.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Wheeler tomorrow I will take pictures of my sketches and upload them with my 75 word story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decent job here, good for you! Fix your upperlevel blog link- it has gobbldy gook after the .com - add it again without that, so you can see any post I make there too!!

    ReplyDelete